September 17, 2016

happy weekend!



How awesome are these watercolour paintings? They're by an artist from Indonesia called Luqman Reza Mulyono. Find more amazing illustrations on his website: https://artjongkie.com

This inspires me to work on my sketching and drawing even more than I have been (which is hardly at all unfortunately...). It's about time I picked up a pencil again and improved my own skills. I may post some sketches I did in the past and 1 or 2 I did more recently later on.

I don't really have a problem with still life or animals or anime, what I found that I really struggle with is realistic portrait drawing. I would love to improve in that field as it bugs me that I can never draw a realistic looking person. Anyone else have this issue?

I watched a few YouTube videos on it and it looks like it's all in the initial structuring, the framework lines have to be in the right places, then the features, then it's all about how the drawing is shaded. I never thought of it that way but it makes perfect sense now - I hope with a little practice I'll be able to post portraits I'm proud of!

Have a great weekend all!

No comments: